Days 1 & 2: Rendezvous in Porto; visit a port lodge and find out how this traditional fortified wine is made; Transfer to the Minho, visit a chocolate factory, walk a stretch of the Portuguese Caminho de Santiago; explore the wild Serra d’Arga with its traditional stone villages, stay in an elegant 16th C manor house. http://quintademalta.com
Days 3 & 4: Ponte de Lima; walk the camino to Portugal’s oldest town, with its iconic Roman bridge over the Lima river; visit the vinho verde museum; hike to Calheiros along the camino and stay at a 17th C estate, enjoy a tasting of wines produced on the property. http://www.pacodecalheiros.com
Days 5 & 6 : Transfer to Spain, explore the bird sanctuary and beaches of Illa de Arousa; enjoy a cooking class with a Galician chef; visit the 12th C monastery of Armenteira, take the magical Pedra y Agua route to discover more than 40 abandoned water mills; stay in the boutique hotel Quinta San Amaro, famous for its excellent restaurant. http://www.quintadesanamaro.com
Days 7: Transfer to Caldas de Reis, enjoy a river walk with local guide Manuel, enjoy a picnic lunch, experience the peace and tranquillity of our country retreat Casa A Pedreira. https://www.apedreira.com
Day 8: Departure for Santiago de Compostela
- Portugal: tour details
- Duration: 7 nights/8 days.
- Difficulty: Moderate 8 – 15 km/day in rolling countryside, through woods, farmland and beaches on well-marked trails.
- Tour Price : us$3000 (single supplement $500)
- Start/Finish: Porto/Santiago de Compostela.
- Departures: 20-27 September, 2019
- Inclusions: 7 night’s accommodation in comfortable hotels; all breakfasts and meals as listed in the itinerary; all activities listed in the itinerary; all transfers, tips and gratuities; the services of a professional tour guide.